[mythtv-users] MythWeb running on a different machine other than backend server

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 15 11:56:34 EDT 2003

> What is different about the conflicts and recorded programs pages?  The
> listings page is obviously connecting to the backend just fine, because
> I can schedule recordings and view the program listing.

If you're using the current mythweb code (ie. not my beta one), these
pages actually connect to the backend (the others just need access to
the mysql db).

If you're running mythweb on a separate machine, you need to treat it as
a separate front-end, which means your backend needs to be configured as
such (with a real IP, not the 127.0.0.1 default).  Mythweb looks in the
database for the IP of the master server, and tries to connect - if this
is 127.0.0.1 and the backend ISN'T running  on the same machine, it
won't connect.

-Chris