[mythtv-users] standard vs digital cable

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Tue Jul 15 08:58:46 EDT 2003

---8< snip -8<--

>> set or a 'digital cable' tuner card... a set/card would have to be
>> able to
>> decode the signal from *your* particular cable company, and of
>> course the
>> cable companies have no incentive to enable you to use any device
>> other
> than
>> their own set-top box.

I know they company had mentioned you could purchase and digital cable
reciever and it would work on their network ... so I contacted a
friend of mine who works there and asked for specifics ... the
response was close to "yes you can buy any box ... from us"

Looks like I'll be trying an IR Blaster solution (up until yesterday I
had no idea what this was) as well. Thanks to everyone who shed more
light on this!

--
Lonny