[mythtv-users] Universal Remotes with your IR Receiver?

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 08:20:36 EDT 2003

> I have a Zenith learning remote, it definitely will
> not learn from the
> Airboard series of I/R keyboards. I don't mean to
> dissuade people from
> doing this, just this particular learning remote! =)
> (I had it before
> the keyboard)
>
> Remote: ZEN760A EIA343 SK64-002
> Keyboard: Motorola Model No: SK-7100 (rebadged
> lite-on airboard, IIRC)

I have a chicony (I think it's # KB-9820) $28 on
newegg.  I got the Sony RM-VL100 last night (best buy
$40 - open item) and it learned all the keys I tried,
no problem.  I can't remeber who mentioned it on this
list but thanks.

Before this one I tried a Radio shack 5-in-1 learning
remote -- no good.

hope that helps