[mythtv-users] newbie UK user

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Jul 15 09:28:58 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Oliver Wardell wrote:

> the tivo does. I presume we need some kind of ir blaster device that
> points directly at the ntl cable box. Is this so? I have limited

You should be able to just build an IR transmitter that goes on the serial
port, as described on the LIRC site.  Alternatively, if you're on analogue
NTL and you're not getting any encrypted channels then you can just plug
your TV card directly into the cable instead of the box.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

"..Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.." - Dreamline, Rush
        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***