[mythtv-users]Help on w/2 modules and a tv-out/overscan question

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Tue Jul 15 13:47:46 EDT 2003

> mythweather uses to
> > >
> > > Yeah, that was my guess too, I just thought it odd that
> nobody else was
> > > complaining about it...
> > >
> > > -JAC
> >
> > Yeah, nine times out of ten it times out for me since going
> from 0.9 to
> > 0.10, strangely it has worked a couple of times though,
> which made me think
> > it was permissions, I ain't had a chance to look into it though.
>

> Same here... weird.  Oh, well, I don't have the time this
> week to look at it,
> so I guess my wife will have to watch the weather channel instead.

I believe the weather problem is due to what I talk about in this
thread:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=63050

My query/suggestion seemed to go largely ignored though. I simply change
the usleep(50); line to usleep(200000); whenever I update from CVS.
Works fine over a dialup 56k too. Without it, the timeout is almost
instant - even if I had a 1.5Mbit ADSL connection, I still think it
would time out without my fix.

CH