[mythtv-users] Trying to understand scaling in Myth

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Jul 15 00:41:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to configure MythTV's scaling for my
setup.

X is setup for 720x576 interlaced resolution.  I drive my TV
directly from the VGA output of my PC.

I'm capturing at 720x576 (pvr-250 cards).

I want to make sure that captured video is not scaled between capture
and display.

But - my TV overscans.  So I need to scale the user interface away
from the edges of the screen.

How do I do that without resulting in the video being scaled too?

I've adjusted GuiWidth, GuiHeight, GuiOffsetX and GuiOffsetY to get
the user interface nicely on the screen.

But now Myth scales the video down too.

So I did try adjusting the VertScanPercentage and HorizScanPercentage
to scale the video back up again.  But so far I haven't bee able to to
exactly cancel the scaling out.

Is there some other approach whereby I can shrink the UI without
affecting the XVideo output at all?

Thanks,
Steve