[mythtv-users] Suggestion for thumbnail preview in MythTV

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 21:00:52 EDT 2003

I just had a thought about the little preview you get of recordings in
the "Watch Recordings" screen. This used to be one of my "wow" factor
things about MythTV, BUT, ever since we got the functionality to start a
recording early (thanks to whoever coded that, I really needed it!), the
preview isn't as useful since it's normally just showing some commercial
during the commercial break before the program you want (or even worse,
the end of the program before). Could the preview be changed to start
playing the preview file X minutes into the file (where X is the number
of minutes you have set to start recording before the program, or a user
defined number of minutes). It would really make that thumbnail preview
useful again.

Just a thought.

Andy