[mythtv-users] standard vs digital cable

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 12:40:21 EDT 2003

I agree ... going without a cable box is a whole lot
easier, but I know that in my area you really can't do
that if you want premium channels.  In fact, last time
I looked they don't even offer *basic* cable without
the box ... the cheapest package includes a box now.

When you do this you do still get all your normal
analog channels which you can view without the box,
but there are no premium channels available.  Could be
a different story for you though, so just be aware of
the fact that you most likely can't get premium
channels on analog stations anymore.  At least not
many of them.