[mythtv-users] Re:trying to use 2 inputs on same card (not simultaneously :-)

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Mon Jul 14 20:35:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 18:00, Alexander P. Petkov wrote:
> =============
> I have 2 capture cards that do not have a line in, but have composite
> video in.
>
> ATI TV Wonder VE
> Modular Tech MM201
>
> There are plenty more examples on the bttv gallery page.
> =============
>
> They may not be labeled "line-in", but your card definitely has audio
> input(s). Otherwise, what's the point of having composite video in?
> On
> my card (orig. series Avermedia from '98) these audio inputs are for
> the L&R audio channels and are RCA plugs (use composite audio
> cables).
>
> Alex

On the ATI TV Wonder VE, there are the following connectors:

i) RF for television antenna
ii) Composite RCA input
iii) Audio out, comes with pass thru cable

Nothing else...

On the MM201, there are the following connectors:

i) RF for television antenna
ii) Composite RCA input
iii) rj11 socket for remote transceiver

Nothing else...

The MM201 ony works with btaudio if using television input.

You are expected to plug the audio that goes with the composite input,
into line-in on a soundcard.

Regards

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>