[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Directv

Reter, Roy (NIH/NIEHS) reter at niehs.nih.gov
Mon Jul 14 15:15:09 EDT 2003

Hey gang,

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it in the archives
search I did.  I've got Myth working with my analog cable (soon to be going
away since I have just gotten Directv).  Through the composite input on my
Hauppage card I got the Directv coming in, got all the sound issues worked
out.  I'm waiting on my IRblaster to come in and to get lirc working at that
point, so I've not added anything in the backend database yet about an
external program to change channels, but when I was watching live tv and did a
"c" to switch inputs to go over to the composite, I tried doing an up-arrow.
Knowing it won't change the channel but the onscreen display would change.
Well, it did, but it would not go any higher than channel 125 (analog cable
limit).  What I'm wondering, is this because I haven't configured it to use an
external program to change the channel or did I miss something during the
compile???

Thanks for any help (still a newbie when it comes to Mythtv),

Roy