[mythtv-users] trying to use 2 inputs on same card (not simultaneously :-)

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 14 09:58:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 06:47:55PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> I simply plug the audio from the cablebox into the line in of
> the capture card. When I switch from the Television input to
> the S-Video input, the capture card passes it's line-in audio
> thru to the line out patch cable to the audio card. The capture
> card knows that logically, the coax audio comes from the coax and
> the composite or s-video audio must come from its line-in. This
> works for me but mdz says his card sometimes has problems switching.

That would be great if my capture card had a line in.  :-(  Can you (or
anyone else) tell me which capture card you're using that has a line in?

> >2)  When in the EPG - it's showing me both inputs (I've assigned the "raw"
> >    cable channels from 1002-1070 and left the "digital" channels alone).
> >    However, if I select a channel from "the other input" (i.e., I'm
> >    currently viewing an analog channel and I select a channel from the
> >    cablebox), and then type "M", it acts as if I hit escape.
>
> You can't change channels to a channel on a different input.
> use "c" to change inputs then you can change to a channel on
> the current input.

I know about "c" -- I just felt that it should either change the channel to
the one that was selected, or at least pop up a message telling you that
you need to hit "c" to actually change to that channel.

...dave