[mythtv-users] xScanDisplacement

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Mon Jul 14 10:33:45 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am unable to get xScanDisplacement and the other settings to work.
There is about an inch of blank space at the top and right of my TV
screen when playing mythtv and I am unable to affect it with the
playback settings.  The only thing I have been able to do is reduce the
size of the picture (making the blank space even greater).  That is, by
setting overscan/underscan negative, the picture gets smaller.  Setting
it to anything positive has no effect.  Setting the displacement also
has no effect.

I am running a Hauppauge PVR-250 on a VIA EPIA M10000 Nehemiah using the
S-video out port under Redhat 9 and mythtv from CVS as of Jul 3 2003
(although I have never been able to get it to work since v0.8 when I
started).

Is it supposed to work with Hauppauge mpeg2 files?

If so, how?

Thanks,
Dick