[mythtv-users] High load, low CPU usage

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Jul 14 12:09:07 EDT 2003

> Van: Steve Hill <steve at nexusuk.org>
>
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Steve Hill wrote:
>
> > I've just fiddled some BIOS settings and managed to get it to assign
the
> > sound cards separate IRQs.  I think this may have reduced (or possibly
> > even resolved) the problem, but I need to test it for a while longer.
>
> Nope, it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem :(
> The really odd thing is that sometimes it will run quite happilly with
> fairly minimal load (under 0.30) for an hour or more at a time and then
> other times it really loads up. :(

Yes, I read that you reniced mythbackend. If that doesn't help you might
try pulling (all) PCI cards and reinserting them. There is some spare room
for 'noise' in the hardware. It might be that one of your cards plays up
when it's getting a bit hotter than usual.

Just a wild guess though. It could explain the slow up-and-down behaviour.

	Henk Poley <><