[mythtv-users] Multiple questions dealing with mythtv

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jul 14 03:23:30 EDT 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 03:28 am, mbmonk at hotmail.com wrote:
> 1) If i set the recording resolutions to VCD quality ( NTSC 352 x 240 ) the
> recording has no video ( completely black ) but the audio is fine.  If I
> set it to SVCD 480 x 480 the viewing starts to hicup (sp?) but the video
> and audio in the recording is fine.

Works fine here with a pvr-250, though 352x240 looks like crap due to an ivtv
bug.  Your cpu isn't fast enough to decode 480x480, most likely, unless you
turn off deinterlacing (if that's on).  It's still going to be marginal.

> 2) I want to switch the resolution of my desktop to 640 x 480, but when I
> installed myth the desktop was 1024 x 768, so if I change to 640 x 480 myth
> crashes on loading.  I noticed when you start the frontend in a terminal it
> says 1024 x 760 x 0 x 0 so I am assuming myth wants this resolution to
> start.

Report crashes with a backtrace.  If it says 1024x768+0+0, you're still
running at 1024x768 (and have xinerama turned on?), not 640x480.  Unless you
went in and changed the resolution manually, it should be set to resize to
the desktop resolution by default.

> 3) Can I change the download directory after the install?  I used the
> default directory and would like to change it now. Not a big deal just
> would be nice if I could.

Just run the setup program again and change the path.

> 4) where is mythtv frontend/backend setting stored at? Is there config
> files I can edit, or is myth's setting mostly set by its subsystems (aka
> truefont, ivtv, mplayer,...)?

All settings are in the database, all settings are configured through the
setup program you ran when you installed things and the setup entry in
mythfrontend that you should have gone through when you first ran that.

Isaac