[mythtv-users] MythVideo locking up Mythfrontend

Kevin Gibbons kevin at kgibbons.com
Mon Jul 14 01:23:47 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has seen this before... my system works 100% for the
most part.  However, when I load up a movie file through MythVideo it plays
just fine, but then when I try to exit back to the main menu, my frontend
locks up.  I tried this on numerous attempts, and got the same result each
time.  Now these were really large movie files -- at least 600mb or larger,
so I'm not sure if it's just trying to unload the large file and that's
what's cauaing the lockup.

The system still remains alive, but I have to reboot to get the frontend
back up which kind of stinks.  (Not to get off topic... but what is the
restart command to issue to restart mythfrontend?)  Has anyone seen this
behavior before?

Thanks in advance...

Kevin Gibbons