[mythtv-users] trying to use 2 inputs on same card (not simultaneously :-)

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jul 13 20:37:11 EDT 2003

Hi,
  I'd like to do the following:

Tuner card "Television" input -- "raw" cable (analog channels 2-70)
           "Composite 1" input -- from cablebox ("digital" channels 2-999)

Audio Card 1 (/dev/dsp1) - jumper cable from tuner card (for analog channels)

Audio Card 0 (/dev/dsp0) - audio from cablebox (for "digital" channels)

I've got this setup, and it works pretty well, but I'm having 2 problems:

1)  I don't see anyway to tell myth to use different audio for the 2
    inputs on the same card -- is this possible?

2)  When in the EPG - it's showing me both inputs (I've assigned the "raw"
    cable channels from 1002-1070 and left the "digital" channels alone).
    However, if I select a channel from "the other input" (i.e., I'm
    currently viewing an analog channel and I select a channel from the
    cablebox), and then type "M", it acts as if I hit escape.

...thnx,
...dave alden