[mythtv-users] Re:General remote/IR port question *slightly OT*

Mike Miller miller44 at optonline.net
Sun Jul 13 09:49:15 EDT 2003

God to hear it is possible, I do have a few questions
1. I understand having the remote learn the the original remote keys but
the ir receiver actually picks up the new keys? Do you run irw and press
the keys and does it display the code for it?
2. why would I need a jp1 capable remote, I read a little bit about it,
seems to be for connecting the remote to the computer, can I use jp1
instead of a learning remote,
http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Prod
uct_Code=OFA6131M&Category_Code=OFA could I use that remote even though
it isn't a learning remote
3. also anyone have any learning remotes that have some pvr intuity on
there, just the basic nav keys w/chan up, chan down, vol up, vol down
and rew/ff/play/stop with a few extra keys.  The only ones I saw were
like $100

Thanks!