[mythtv-users] Can't create database 'mythconverg'

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Sat Jul 12 21:58:52 EDT 2003

Kaushik Mallick wrote:
> I was running MythTV-0.8 without a hitch. I decided to
> upgrade to MythTV-0.10. I downloaded the package,
> compiled it and installed it without any problem. Now,
> while in the database directory, when I am trying to
> issue 'mysql - root < mc.sql' , I get:
>
> ERROR 1007 at line 1: Can't create databse
> 'mythconverg'. Database exists.

Usually that error means that it cannot create the database because the
database exists.  But I could be wrong on that.  It's rather a rather
cryptic error message. ;-/

All sarcasm aside, you need to either run the upgrade script, or if
you're willing to lose data that it's your old install, simply backup
your db ("mysqldump mythconverg > mythconverg.0.8.mysql") and then
delete the database ("mysqladmin drop mythconverg").  Then you should be
able to load in mc.sql without a hitch.

Michael J. Sherman | msherman at stealthboy.com
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand
binary, and those who don't."