[mythtv-users] Can't create database 'mythconverg'

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 17:31:14 EDT 2003

I was running MythTV-0.8 without a hitch. I decided to
upgrade to MythTV-0.10. I downloaded the package,
compiled it and installed it without any problem. Now,
while in the database directory, when I am trying to
issue 'mysql - root < mc.sql' , I get:

ERROR 1007 at line 1: Can't create databse
'mythconverg'. Database exists.

I tried issuing 'mysql -f -u root < mc.sql' and this
is what I got:

ERROR 1007 at line 1: Can't create databse
'mythconverg'. Databse exists.
ERROR 1062 at line 245: Duplicate entry 'Default' for
Key 2
ERROR 1062 at line 246: Duplicate entry 'Live TV' for
Key 2
ERROR 1062 at line 247: Duplicate entry 'Transcode'
for Key 2

I have run the setup program from scratch and the
mythfilldatabase, nonetheless. I can start
mythfrontend fine, but starting 'Watch TV' hangs!

I am not familiar with mysql or any database thing. I
am assuming something is wrong with the database. Can
somebody please help me out with plain and clear
instructions as to how I can get over this hurdle? I
would really appreciate some help. Thanks a lot
beforehand.