[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit - VGA output to RGB SCART works

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Jul 13 00:39:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that I've successfully managed to get my
Pundit hooked up to my TV using VGA to RGB SCART.

You need a small circuit to mix the two sync signals into a composite
sync, a recent sis_drv.o, and a suitable modeline in your XF86Config.

I was able to get the necessary electronics to fit right inside the
SCART connector.

In return you get a great quality RGB picture, and, in theory at
least, you shouldn't have to deinterlace your output.

In theory this will work with other VGA cards, but my previous
attempts with Voodoo3, G400, G450 have all hit various snags.  So I'm
pretty pleased to have it working.

I'll be tinkering to get it 100% and then I'm game to write up how to
do it if anybody else has a suitable TV.  (Most recent European TVs
have RGB SCART input)

Regards,
Steve