[mythtv-users] Re:Pundit XF86Config??

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sat Jul 12 14:54:42 EDT 2003

At 01:26 PM 7/12/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>>>Take a look at your XFree86 log file. It should tell you the exact reason
>>>why X couldn't be started.
>>>I have a Pundit, and I"m using the same drivers as you, but I don't think
>>>had to do anything special with the config to get it working...
>
>Thanks for the response WD.  I'm going to take a look at my XFree86 logs in
>a moment here... but in the meantime, would you be able to paste a copy of
>your working XF86Config file over so I can see how yours is setup?

Here's the relevant section from my XF86Config file.   None of those
"Option" lines in the Sis section were necessary.  I think I saw them in an
example somewhere and ended up putting them in, but it still worked before
I added those.

-WD

*********

# Device configured by xf86config:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "** SiS (generic)                      [sis]"
    Driver      "sis"
    #VideoRam    8192
# Option "no_accel"
# Option "fifo_moderate"
# Option "fifo_conserv"
# Option "fifo_aggressive"
# Option "no_BitBlt"
# Option "fast_vram"
# Option "pci_burst_on"
# Option "xaa_benchmark"
# Option "ext_eng_queue"
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
Option "CHTVOverscan" "TRUE"
Option "XvOnCRT2" "true"
Option "ForceCRT2Type" "SVIDEO"
Option "TVXPosOffset" "-3"
Option "TVYPosOffset" "-7"
#Option "SISTVAntiFlicker" "OFF"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Screen sections
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of screen sections may be present.  Each describes
# the configuration of a single screen.  A single specific screen section
# may be specified from the X server command line with the "-screen"
# option.
Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen 1"
    Device      "** SiS (generic)                      [sis]"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
    DefaultDepth 24

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       8