[mythtv-users] High load, low CPU usage

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Jul 12 10:21:29 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> WIth two sound cards involved, it would help to know how you have sound
> configured ... is the same card doing both recording capture and playback?

The SBlive is doing recording and the onboard Via soundcard is doing
playback.  I've tried changing playback to the sblive but it didn't make
any difference.

> I've never seen 2 sound cards sharing an IRQ, so I would think it worth
> looking more closely at that.

I've just fiddled some BIOS settings and managed to get it to assign the
sound cards separate IRQs.  I think this may have reduced (or possibly
even resolved) the problem, but I need to test it for a while longer.

I'll keep you posted.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

"..Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.." - Dreamline, Rush
        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***