[mythtv-users] MythVideo Focus Issues

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri Jul 11 19:34:07 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I am having some focus issues similar to those I have read about in the
archives.  From what I have read I believe the problem was thought to be
patched and fixed but I'm still seeing it.  I'm running CVS from this morning.

System is Red Hat 9 running KDE.

When I enter MythVideo and select an MPEG file to watch from my video list,
everything seems to work fine.  The video plays and my remote functions
within MPlayer.  When I exit the video, I see the screen I entered from but
I have no remote control, I need to click on the screen to get focus back
and use the keyboard, as the remote doesnt function.  I run myth as part of
my boot up scripts so there is nothing to see.  When I exit myth and
restart the frontend from a terminal window, I get focus back and
everything is fine until I repeat the viewing of a movie.  When I exit the
movie screen the terminal window is on top with the -really-quiet output
from mplayer and again I have to click in to Myth to get focus, and my
remote is dead again.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff