[mythtv-users] mythfrontend no video, intermittent

adamh at careerlink.org adamh at careerlink.org
Fri Jul 11 21:05:42 EDT 2003

Hello
I have mythtv .10 running on 2 systems, one an Athlon 950 running RH9 and
the other a Duron 700 running Mandrake 9.1. The RH box is the backend and
the Mandrake box is the frontend. These systems are connected by a 100mbit
hub.

I can do everything perfectly on the Athlon, running the backend and the
frontend on the same box.

The problem is when I connect to it from the Mandrake system. I make a
connection, and I can browse recorded shows, but I have trouble watching
them. I say trouble because sometimes it works, but most of the time it
doesn't. When I select a show to watch, the screen will go completely
green and all I hear is audio. I can use the keyboard to escape back to
the recording selection. Now sometimes, the video plays fine. I will then
exit out and try to play the same video again, and I get the solid green
screen.

I see the same symptoms when watching live tv on the frontend box.

The backend has an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX card and the frontend has a Trident
Cyberblade (on the mobo).

Anyone else seen this problem? TIA