[mythtv-users] TiVo 34 button remote w/ Myth

Kevin D. Lenth fhathead at nmt.edu
Fri Jul 11 14:57:05 EDT 2003

> I have one issue... I've found that I need to wait a second or so
> between button presses. If you press the same button a number of times
> too quickly it only registers the first press. This makes it a little
> annoying moving up/down menus.
>
> Has anyone else used this remote and gotten around this problem? Is this
> a generic setting in LIRC that can be tweaked (if so, it wasn't obvious
> to me)?

You need to use the "repeat" option in your .lircrc file; "repeat = 1"
will cause LIRC to report every button continuing-being-pressed event,
"repeat = 2" will report every second one, etc.  The default is "repeat =
0", which doesn't report repetitions at all.  By way of example, here's an
excerpt from my .lircrc:

begin
  prog = irxevent
  button = VOL+