[mythtv-users] What capture cards are people using? What kind of quality have you gotten?

Jeff Williams JeffW at rockstargames.com
Fri Jul 11 15:37:42 EDT 2003

I'm using a LeadTek Winfast 2000XP Deluxe.  I believe it's based on one of the standard chipsets (bt878 or whatever it is), same as the software-decoding Hauppauge cards.  My capture quality itself is great, no complaints whatsoever.  I haven't actually finished setting my box up so I can't speak of the overall experience as far as compression vs. performance, etc. but the raw capture on this card is really, really good for the price (~$50 at Newegg).