[mythtv-users] Re:MythGame -- xmame problem?

Kevin Gibbons kevin at kgibbons.com
Thu Jul 10 18:32:40 EDT 2003

> XMame definitely does support .zip files too.
>
> Jason

Thanks for the quick reply guys... I actually figured out about the zipped
roms after the fact.  I guess Pacman is the default ROM that XMame looks for
when launching without any command line parameters -- at least that's my
assumption.  So going back to my old MAME for DOS days, I launched XMame
from command line once again as follows:

'xmame qbert'

So that it would load up the qbert rom, and sure enough it works like a
champ.

However, I've still got the problem with MythGame dying out as mentioned
above.  What I did as a test was I removed ALL my rom files from the correct
XMame rom location, and only copied a couple roms over.  This was to see if
the large amount of roms files was choking MythGame.  Still no go... my
mythfrontend is completely closing itself out, and I'm still receiving the
error:

ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/lib/qt-3.1/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
Segmentation fault

Any other suggestions/ideas??

Kevin Gibbons