[mythtv-users] Re: Quiet Power Supplies/Quiet PC's

Rex Young RYoung at kakuinc.com
Thu Jul 10 14:31:18 EDT 2003

>>power supplies perform much the same IF the INPUT power is
>clean.  If you
>
>Maybe we should split this up into three grades:
>
>1) cheap power supply (under $15)
>
>2) Midrange power supply (25-40$ range?).
>
>3) Name-brand power supplies (40+)

Perhaps you're right.  I have absolutely no experience with a power supply
costing less than $15.  I tend to pay quite a bit more than that.  I saw in
another message in this thread that these super-cheap power supplies are a
recent phenomenon.  The work I did in this area was three years ago when I
had too many returns in a short time due to power supplies.

-rex