[mythtv-users] Archive Tv Shows

hayward at slothmud.org hayward at slothmud.org
Thu Jul 10 14:15:50 EDT 2003

I would like to archive TV Shows to VCD.  That would be ideal, as it can
play in any DVD player.  If anyone has this working, I wouldn't mind
figuring out how they do it.  I've done it with nuppelvideo recordings in
the past, but I recently came to understand that mythtv uses a modified
nuppelvideo format these days.

Thanks,
Brian Hayward

On 10 Jul 2003, Chris Petersen wrote:

>> Is anyone archiving (ripping to cd or storing on a hd) their
>> tv shows? I was just wonding how, as I'm kinda stuck thus far
>> on figuring it out.
>
>there's the mythmkmovie project, which converts to divx, and I've been
>working on a non-curses script that does the same (I'm also adding svcd
>support).
>
>I've never had any sync issues, though.
>
>-Chris

Brian Hayward