[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase / xmltv question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:21:28 EDT 2003

I was wondering if anyone had tried this before:

I don't have broadband at home but I do where I work, so I want to get the
xmltv listings at work, compress them and email the file to myself so I can
load them using mythfilldatabase --file.  The problem is that the data that
gets loaded is off by 4 hours and doubles up the channels (additional
channels appear with 8 spaces in the callsign field).

When I look at the XML file I see -0400 next to the date/time fields.  I
should mention that at work I am using xmltv for windows to get the data
(but the same version 5.14).  If I set the TZ environment variable when
getting the data I get EDT next to each date/time field instead of the
-0400, but the data when loaded is still off by 4 hours.

To fix the problem I have been editing the data to remove either the -0400
or EDT from the data and then going into mysql and deleting the channel
records with 8 spaces in the callsign field, but I was wondering if anyone
has successfully done this without having to modify the data.  Is this a
problem with my procedure or is there something that mythfilldatabase is not
seeing in the data that it needs to take into account?  Any insight would be
greatly appreciated.

-- Harry Orenstein