[mythtv-users] Myth native ALSA support

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Thu Jul 10 10:01:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 21:04, James Knight wrote:
<snip>

> Does using the ALSA support in other applications cause the same
> problem with high pitches? E.g. compare "mpg123 -o alsa foo.mp3" with
> "mpg123 -o oss foo.mp3".
>

> James

I finally had a chance to check on this. 'mpg123 -o alsa' sounds
horrible compared with 'mpg123 -o oss'. So it looks like it's probably a
problem between my sound card and ALSA (0.9.4).

It sounds like others with my mainboard (a7n266-vm) have had success
using the digital output w/o needing native ALSA support. I'll just try
using that setup.

Joe