[mythtv-users] Few questions

David A. Mason damason at redshift.com
Wed Jul 9 20:40:38 EDT 2003

At this level, the fact that it's Mandrake shouldn't be too awfully
important.

I'd look at the services control in Mandrake Control Center to see if
there are some background tasks that you don't need.

I understand that there are some large performance gains to be found in
recompiling the kernel with Athlon as the specified processor type; the
stock kernel is more generically compatible, and won't sport some of the
optimizations possible with an Athlon-specific compilation.

DAM