[mythtv-users] Re: Quiet Power Supplies/Quiet PC's

Mark fairlane at voyager.net
Wed Jul 9 22:07:34 EDT 2003

When I made that statement, failure implied a failing system.  While the
cheap power supply keeps
producing power, it's simply not stable.  Wierd crashes become common,
even in Linux.  Replace power
supply, problems go away.  Seen it way too many times.  I've got a stack
of power supplies in my
cabinet that still power up, but aren't stable.  My good power supplies
don't do that.  I'm sorry your
expensive 1U supplies died, but it's not been my experience.  YMMV.