[mythtv-users] xmltv / mythfilldatabase problem

Dan Willis dannowwillis at att.net
Wed Jul 9 17:48:44 EDT 2003

I am still running Mythtv .7. Everything was working fine until I moved to
XMLTV-0.5.14.  XMLTV seemed to compile / install fine.  Running
mythfilldatabase manually will grab one day's listings and then
segfault.  I didn't realize this at first because I was still getting
e-mail output from my cronjob indicating that listings were
grabbed.  However, once the pre xmltv-.5-14 listings cleared out I realized
that the listings were not getting posted to the database.

I come from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school (why I'm still
running Myth .7).  I haven't seen anything indicating that this release of
XMLTV is not compatible with the older myth version.  Could this be my
problem?

I have Perl 5.6.1 and I installed the datemanip5.42 referred to in the
XMLTV instructions.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Willis