[mythtv-users] Problems with TV-Input color, ATI TV Wonder

Taylor Dondich tdondich at majiknetworks.com
Wed Jul 9 14:59:47 EDT 2003

I'm attempting to setup MythTV on a RedHat 8.0 box, with a ATI TV Wonder
(Not USB, or VE, just PCI).  I've gotten great results so far except
with the image quality of TV input.  The color appears very grainy light
grey and hazy.  In XAWTV, I can correct this by using the fine-tuning
features (left/right arrow) keys.  Is there any way to retain these
settings in MythTV?  Is there anyway to change this on a system level?
(bttv module option, etc).  I have properly given bttv card=63 option
for my specific card.  Also, all channels are off by one.  I've seen a
lot of discussion about these issues on the Internet, but I can't seem
to pin-point a fix/solution.  If anyone can be so kind to steer me into
the right direction, etc etc.

BTW, here are the stats of my MythTV box, in working order:

AMD T-Bird 1.1GhZ, w/ 512M of RAM, 40gig HDD.
Wireless NetGear MA311 Nic (to tie into my fileservers)
ATI TV Wonder (PCI)
Creative Labs Live Value
ALSA 0.9.4 (Working great with OSS Compatibility)
RedHat 8.0 with custom kernel
LIRCD 0.7.0pre1 (CVS)
StreamZap USB Remote with LIRCD patch & kernel driver (works great).
Using MythTV, MythVideo, MythMusic, MythWeather.

Also, I'm having problems with gnome, where if I choose a video to play
in MythVideo and exit out, MythTV no longer has focus.  I'd rather have
this stripped to where there's really no window manager running, just
the apps (I won't use this box for any other purpose).  Does anyone else
have a similar setup going?

Thanks!

--
Taylor Dondich