[mythtv-users]Question on updating LIRC

Mike Miller miller44 at optonline.net
Wed Jul 9 05:36:19 EDT 2003

I have the leadtek winfast tv2000 xp deluxe w/remote.now the remote
works great, only prob is about 7-8 buttons are being detected
incorrectly.  I saw this in the archives
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=62540;searc
h_string=leadtek%20duplicate;guest=764371
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=62540;sear
ch_string=leadtek%20duplicate;guest=764371&t=search_engine#62540>
&t=search_engine#62540
so I downloaded the cvs file, put it into my lirc directory I had
untarred, stopped lirc, make, make installed the old lirc w/new file,
everything went smoothly.  However I am still not getting the new keys
detected.do I need to remove the old lirc first? I installed it over it.
I found the old lirc_gpio.c still in my /usr/kernel-sources directory
and updated it to the new one manually, still same problem..any ideas?
Please don't tell me a kernel recompile lol, hate those 2 words.
Thanks as always