[mythtv-users] ivtv whine fixed

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Tue Jul 8 16:18:21 EDT 2003

At 02:14 PM 7/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>FYI:
>
>The ivtv devel list is reporting that the audio whine has been fixed for
>the PVR-250.  (Finally stero w/o the whine!)

I and at least one other person on the ivtv list have been having a slight
problem with the new ivtv drivers.   While Stereo does work, I cannot seem
to get audio to work at all when the system first comes up.  To get audio
working, I must do the following when logged in as root:
rmmod ivtv
modprobe ivtv

Doing the exact same thing in my init scripts has no effect.  Everything is
still silent.
I've asked the question in the ivtv list, but I guess I might as well ask
here too...

The situation I've described here seems like a permissions problem, no?
(works logged in as root, but not in the init scripts)
What would not have the correct permissions, though?   And why would video
work fine, but not audio?

-WD