[mythtv-users] MythMusic FF/FW keys

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Jul 8 11:07:27 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 11:53 am, Mark wrote:
> How can I change the key-mapping for FF/RW in MythMusic? While watching TV
> or Videos, FF/RW is mapped to the L/R arrow keys but in MythMusic I have to
> use the "F" and "R" keys for FF/RW.

	While watching live TV or a recording, there is no other content to
"navigate", so using left/right arrow makes perfect sense. While listening to
music, people often want to be able to navigate to a new song without
stopping the current one, so left/right get used for navigation (turn on
keyboard accelerators *AND* show whole tree).

	Until someone (!) writes some code to allow for runtime user-level key
customization, I'm afraid you're stuck.

- thor