[mythtv-users] Re: Easiest way to go back to XMLTV 0.5.14

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jul 8 03:55:45 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 8, 2003, Shawn wrote:

> Well... since XMLTV 0.5.15 broke mythfilldatabase, what would be the
> easiest way to downgrade to version 0.5.14.  I used apt-get install
> mythtvsuite to install mythtv as well as the 0.5.15 version of xmltv.
> Thanks in advance

uninstall the xmltv 0.5.15 package like so:

# rpm -e --nodeps xmltv

Then download the xmltv 0.5.14 package from ATrpms, and then "rpm -ivh
xmltv-0.5.14..." it explicitly.

You'll also have to delete ~/.mythtv/YourChannels.xml if you've already
tried populating with 0.5.15, and rerun mythtvsetup and
mythfilldatabase again. 0.5.15 broke for me also, and these steps got
me back in business.

-jcw