[mythtv-users] Re: Getting Started with MythTV

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jul 8 01:39:04 EDT 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 10:28 pm, Robert Empfield wrote:
> Hi.
>
> So would it be better I invest in the higher end card, the PVR 350 and when
> there is support for the FM radio tuner and decoder?  This may be a stupid
> question but, if I would purchase this card, would it work even though some
> of its features are not supported?  And finally, would I get along ok with
> the PVR 250?

It'll basically be identical to a pvr-250 right now, with support for the
additional features of the card becoming available as the driver matures.
Well, the card's slightly larger and the chip will get warmer (the -350
chipset needs a heatsink and could almost do with a fan, the newer pvr-250
models don't require any passive cooling), but software wise, it's identical
=)

Isaac