[mythtv-users] Re:Nupplevideo, why?

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 7 20:21:16 EDT 2003

>>>>> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:34:54 -0700, Cedar McKay <cedarmckay at mac.com> said:

[...]

c> a  GPL version of QT/mac was just released so I'm crossing my fingers
c> that someone with the ability to sort out the endian issues will do a
c> (hopefully quick and easy) frontend port to OS X

        Actually, I think the Qt/Free (X11) port from Fink works well
enough for MythTV.  I was able to get the EPG and frontend menus
running on OS X the last time I tried.

        What stopped me was the lack of Xv (and even XShm) support in
OS X's X11.  The MPlayer port uses SDL so that might be the way to
go for someone with more time and ability.  Also, sound output would
need some work.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net