[mythtv-users] mythtv guide listing Unknown

Shailesh shailesh17 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 20:09:45 EDT 2003

Hi all!  I completed setup of mythtv on Redhat 9, with the following
specs:
  - Hauppage WinTV PVR-250
  - Nvidia GeForce FX5200 with TV-Out
  - P4 2.8 GHz, onboard 6-channel audio using alsa

I've got mythtv almost completely working, using the mythtv-1.0,
xmltv-0.5.14, and the latest hauppage drivers.  However, I'm having the
following issues:
  1.  The resultion on the TV-Out using the SVideo out on the graphics
card is blurry (compared to direct cable feed to the TV).  This is
probably a X configuration issue, but I'm not sure if this is the
expected behavior.  I believe it may be an X configuration tuning ...
I'll try that and see if there's any luck.

  2.  Secondly, it seems that the mythtv channel guide is broken.  I'm
seeing "Unknown" everywhere in the grid, but the top shows the correct
programming info.

   3.  All the channels in mythtv are off by 1, meaning when I choose
channel 6 for example, I'm actually getting the broadcast from channel
5.  I've tried dropping the mythconverg database and rerunning the
entire setup, mythfilldatabase, etc. several times, but doesn't seem to
have fixed the issue.

Thanks for your help!

-------
Shailesh Patel