[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Brightness Color Contrast reset whenchanging channels

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Mon Jul 7 21:33:46 EDT 2003

At 05:07 PM 7/7/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>You should be changing the picture settings from within mythtv as it
>stores what you set them to in the database. Look in keys.txt (F1-F8)

I tried this, but it didn't work.   I read some mailing list messages
indicating that those controls were disabled at some point, but
re-activated in CVS again.   Maybe I have to pick up a CVS version newer
than 0.10 for them to work?

>Picture settings are per channel currently.

Ah, bummer.   I think it's neat to have the ability to control those
settings per-channel, but I guess it'd be a nice feature to be able to
control them globally, or set some sort of default.    That seems to make
the most sense to me, since if your picture is "off" for one channel, it's
probably going to be off for the rest of them too.  :)

So what's the best option for me here?   This is what I can come up with
off the top of my head:
1) Go to one channel and adjust the settings to my liking.
2) Look at the channel table in the mythconverg database and find out what
the brightness, color, and contrast settings are.
3) Use a SQL command to update all channels to have those same settings.

Does that sound right, or is there an easier way?

Thanks!
-WD