[mythtv-users] New video drivers for the EPIA boards at via

Michael J. Hammel mythtv at graphics-muse.com
Mon Jul 7 20:07:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 17:26, Igor Izyumin wrote:
> If you just need to switch channels with the external tuner program,
> MythTV has support for that.  It's somewhere in the configuration menus
> and it's intended for people who have a cable/satellite box.  You might
> have to write a simple shell script that takes the channel number as the
> argument and runs the binary program with the right option to switch
> channels.

I might need this, but only if I can get MythTV to actually show the TV
display.  If MythTV can't show the video and play the audio of the
current channel, then PVR support won't be available.  If that happens
I'd end up reinventing much of what MythTV already supports.

What would be nice (at least for the time being and until I can figure
out how to integrate support for this hardware into the code) is to be
able to launch an external display program when "Watch TV" is selected.
Then I can run a script to set the hardware accordingly and launch the
TV display program.  This would be separate from the "cable/satellite
box channel changer" situation.

I'm still digging around the code.  Being a C/GTK+ developer, the Qt/C++
stuff is a little foreign to me.  But I'll figure it out eventually.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mythtv at graphics-muse.com>
Graphics Muse