[mythtv-users] DVB support

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Mon Jul 7 23:16:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 17:59, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
> >On Monday 07 July 2003 11:56 am, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> >

> >>DVB
> >>

> >Speaking of this, weren't some updates mentioned a while back?
> >
> Not sure which ones you mean. I submitted some, and you already checked
> them into CVS. This included a small fix by zaheer to make recording work.
>
> zaheer talked about trying to fix other problems (avcodec crashing
> during LiveTV channel switching; the pid filter / use_ts=1), but I don't
> know, if he produced any further fixes or had any further results.
>
> Some other people promised to work on the DVB code during this summer,
> IIRC, but I haven't seen anything of them.

I have had to re-write some of the structure, so it works with all of
the drivers.  The dvb-kernel driver that is in 2.5.x (and can also be
built for 2.4.x kernel) and the standard stable DVB driver.

This has required an additional class: dvbCards that looks after the
cards resources, as frontend state needs to be tracked.  I have got the
dvb channel class done and tested and have the code that is to go into
the dvb recorder class working outside of myth, so it just needs to be
merged into that and then tested.  I believe the changes I have done
will fix the livetv crashes using dvb.

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>