[mythtv-users] AGP Vs PCI

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Mon Jul 7 14:40:52 EDT 2003

> I could be wrong but I think he was fishing for an answer on weather
> or not the TV output
> would take advantage of the AGP slot.

... or need to. Bascially I got my answer :)  ... I never realized
that *most* dedicated TV cards are PCI (which is what it sounds like).
While I'm ordering hardware I just want to make sure I dont end up
with 2 AGP cards and one lonely little slot  ;)

>> like the ATI All in Wonder.  There is no standalone TV card as there
>> is only
>> one AGP slot on a motherboard, so that is reserved for a video card.

Thanks! Thats what I needed to know. Some of the part lists I have
access to are very lacking in information (PCI/AGP) or a bloody
picture.

--
Lonny