[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jul 7 13:40:22 EDT 2003

Shirley, Mark R wrote:
> I got the system configured and compiled correctly (I think)
> And I ran mythfilldatabase last night.  It took over 12 hours
> to grab 8 days data.  Is this normal for a dialup connection?
> I figured it was about 1.5 hrs per day downloaded.  That seems
> like a lot.  Any way to shorten it?

Now that the the database is populated, it will only grab
the next day (to catch any recent changes) and eight days
from now. It should only take 3 hours for these two days
from now on.

You probably don't want to grab listing for channels that
you will never record like QVC, CSPAN, Community Access, The
Weather Channel, etc. You can comment these out in your
WinTv1.xmltv file. See:

--  bjm