[mythtv-users] pvr350, dxr3, g400-tv & nvidia TV-out quality ?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 15:58:20 EDT 2003

Keep in mind that the main reason Myth doesn't support hardware MPEG decoder
cards is (aside from lack of drivers for some of them, like the EPIA boards)
that Myth does not ouput MPEG video for any of its screens.  If you're using
an MPEG codec (PVR-x50 or MPEG-4 codec), it might be easy enough to pipe the
playback stream out to a dxr3/PVR-350/EPIA decoder, but until someone comes
up with a good API to output non-MPEG-origin data for these boards, I don't
think any of the Myth programmers will care to tackle the problem.

-JAC