[mythtv-users] No video

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Mon Jul 7 10:22:30 EDT 2003

As I stated in the last email, I think the system is configured correctly,
I followed the HOWTO closely, and everything compiled ok.  I don't have any
video when I run ./mythbackend, have a full database, run ./mythfrontend.
Myth shows up, I select TV, Watch Tv, and it turns on sound (a passthru, I
haven't
gotten ALSA working correctly yet) and blanks the video.  The only way out
of it
is to exit Myth.  Where did I go wrong, and how do I troubleshoot this, is
there
a log file the frontend will generate?

My system:

AMD 2500+ Barton
120Gig WD IDE
Epox 8K9AI
512Mb
DVD drive
Geforce4 MX440
WinTV 401
Mandrake 9.1

I've run setup, and configured the front end, and the backend.
I have a Dish Network box outputing RF into the RF on the WinTv.  I have the
WinTv set to start on CH 3.  Something I missed?

TIA,
Mark