[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase question

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Mon Jul 7 10:15:04 EDT 2003

I got the system configured and compiled correctly (I think)
And I ran mythfilldatabase last night.  It took over 12 hours
to grab 8 days data.  Is this normal for a dialup connection?
I figured it was about 1.5 hrs per day downloaded.  That seems
like a lot.  Any way to shorten it?

Also, when I set the cron job to update every day at 3am, it didn't
run, but said it couldn't find .xmltv file.  Am I correct in that
since the configuration WinTv1.xmltv file was/is run by user myth,
and the cron job is run by root, that this won't work?  I need to run
a user cron job to update right?

TIA,
Mark